A native of Minnesota, Pastor Brian is a graduate of St. Olaf College (1991, BA), Fuller Seminary (1998, MA), and Luther Seminary (2007, Master of Divinity). After serving as a missionary in Thailand and Cameroon (1990s), he served in youth ministry at Gethsemane Lutheran in Hopkins, MN (1998-2001), and Prince of Peace Lutheran in Burnsville, MN (2001-2007). Before joining and serving alongside us in July of 2017, Pastor Brian served as an Associate Pastor at Redeemer Lutheran in Atlanta, GA (2007-2012) and Senior Pastor at St. John's Lutheran in Bloomington, IL (2012-2017).
He has been happily married for 24 years to Cindy, an elementary school teacher. They have four children: Mikelah, Logan, Quinten, and Zoe. They also share their home with three dogs, two birds, one cat, a leopard gecko, and about a dozen fish (depending on the day).
Pastor Brian's Email: [email protected]
Director of Worship
A native of Bloomington, Jeff pursued his passion for music at Indiana University earning two degrees, Commercial Music Business and Audio Technology. Jeff then spent the next twenty-two years working in the music industry in Nashville as audio engineer and music producer. He built up a credit list that includes artists such as Elton John, the Backstreet Boys, Amy Grant, Kathy Lee Gifford, Gladys Knight, and many others. His engineering work has been heard on Grammy and Dove award nominated albums. Jeff moved back to Bloomington and served as Director of Worship and Music Arts at St. John's Lutheran Church in Bloomington, IL (2015-2017). He strives to use his experience and expertise to guide the worship teams to do their very best for the Glory of God. Jeff is married to Denise, and the couple has a daughter, Emersyn.
Jeff's Email: [email protected]
William (Liam) Wheeler
Born and raised in Utah, Liam is working on a Bachelor of Divinity (CLC) and plans to attend seminary upon graduation. As a recovering addict he seeks to use his recovery to demonstrate transformation through the Gospel. He is passionate about serving others, books, and languages. He is also a competitive athlete and musician.
Liam will be focused on church planting and asks for all of us to pray for the following:
- I am not a planner, nor am I organized so please pray that God brings people to this team that have those gifts.
- Please pray that God uses me to help people find their own purpose and not mine.
- Please pray that God will use these house churches to bridge the economic and racial divide of Bloomington-Normal.
- Please pray that God raises up elders, teachers, and deacons so that I can hand off these roles and step away from a position of authority.
- Please pray for direction, clarity of purpose, and wise counsel.
- Mistakes will be made and people will be hurt unintentionally, so please pray for reconciliation and wisdom.
- Finally, please pray for me. I am runner when things get hard so I need you to challenge me in my obedience and encourage me to stay under the pressure when I feel like giving up. I am halfway through my associate’s degree and hope to continue on to seminary. I am hoping after that I can return to Utah as a missionary to my own people, but Paul wanted to go to Asia and ended up ministering from prison — so please pray I follow Jesus to my own prison because, in the end, it is by Him and for His glory that His kingdom will be built.